Age: You must be at least 18 years old to post content to our site.
Privacy and Security: This site cannot be considered private or secure. You must take appropriate steps to protect your personal information on the Web and on any social media site.
Inappropriate Content: You may not post any materials or links to materials that contain libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, malicious statements or solicits products/services, etc. We reserve the right to remove any content or posts at our sole discretion, including those that do not meet these standards.
Intellectual Property Rights: You may only post, upload or transmit content to this site that you own or otherwise have permission to post, without violating the rights of a third party, including those of the content owner.
Products/Endorsements: We do not allow you to post content that we consider to be endorsements of products or services. Additionally, you may not use this site to solicit contributions.
Personal Health Information: Content that includes personal health information (yours or someone else’s) and photos of patients may not be posted to this site.
Medical Advice: Content provided on this site is for general informational purposes only, and non- specific to you or anyone else. Medical advice can only be provided by a licensed physician in a treatment relationship with you. If you have specific questions concerning your health or medical status, please consult your personal physician.
Content relating to Physicians: Physicians performing services at [Hospital name] are independent contractors and not employees, agents or representatives of [Hospital name].
SOCIAL MEDIA LIVE CHAT TERMS OF SERVICE
- Please do not identify any patient by name as we will delete your comment in order to protect privacy
- Remember that social media is a public platform. If you post on our Facebook page, people can see what you say. If you wish to send a private message with your question, then please do so. When posting information on our Facebook page, we will omit names from questions sent via private message.
- The information provided and opinions expressed by physicians during Physician Live Chat are those of the physician. Physicians participating in our Physician Live Chat are independent contractors and not employees, agents or representatives of [Hospital name].
- Physician Live Chat provides general educational information. This information is not provided in the course of a professional relationship between a health care provider and a patient. It is not intended to be, and should not be used as, a substitute for medical treatment by a health care professional. Information provided through Physician Live Chat does not constitute nor is it intended as a diagnosis of your condition or a recommendation about the course of treatment for your particular circumstances. You should never disregard or delay seeking medical advice from a physician because of what you have read on our Facebook page. You should not assume that information on a particular topic posted on our Facebook page is complete or up-to-date.
- If you are looking for a physician, call 1-866-358-4DOC (4362) for a free physician referral.
- If you feel that you are experiencing a medical emergency, please contact 911.